Updating your bathroom soon? Don’t forget about your shower! A new glass shower enclosure can give your space a luxurious feel. It’s also one of the most used spaces in your bathroom, so you want it to be as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. If you have been considering getting a new shower glass enclosure, this guide is for you! We will be looking at the different shower enclosure types, the pros and cons of each, and things to consider when you’re ready for your Baytown shower glass installation. Let’s dive right in!
What Is a Shower Glass Enclosure?
A shower enclosure is a glass panel that goes around your shower. This can be a stand-alone addition to your bathroom or integrated into the design of your bathroom. The main benefits of shower enclosures are to provide privacy, prevent water from leaking out, and keep the shower area separate from the rest of the bathroom.
Shower Enclosure Styles for Baytown Shower Glass Installation
There are two main styles of shower enclosures: frameless and framed.
A frameless shower enclosure does not have a metal frame. The glass panels are held together with only silicone sealant, clips, or channels. This gives the shower a clean look since there are no metal frames interrupting the flow of the glass.
Frameless shower doors can be either swinging or sliding. Swinging doors open like a normal door while sliding doors open by sliding along a track.
- Gives your bathroom a luxurious feeling
- Clean look with uninterrupted glass
- Makes small bathrooms appear bigger
- Easy to clean and less prone to corrosion as there are no metal frames
- Higher resale value
- More expensive than framed shower doors
- If not well installed, they are less stable and more likely to leak than framed shower doors
A framed shower enclosure has metal frames on all sides. The glass panels fit into these metal frames and are usually held in place with clips or channels.
- More affordable than frameless shower doors
- More stable and less likely to leak than frameless shower doors
- Easier Baytown shower glass installation
- Suitable for all bathroom sizes
- Metal frames can interrupt the flow of glass and make the shower appear smaller
- Susceptible to corrosion and rust
- More difficult to clean than frameless shower doors
Both of these two options are great for any bathroom. It depends on your preference, budget, and bathroom size when deciding which is right for you.
Shower Enclosure Styles for Baytown Shower Glass Installation
There are different types of shower enclosures on the market. The four most popular styles are square, rectangle, half-circle, and semi-oval. The shape and size of your shower will likely dictate which style you choose. Let’s take a look at each one in more detail:
Square Shower Enclosures
These are one of the most popular styles on the market. They work well in small to medium-sized bathrooms and can be either frameless or framed. The length of these square shower enclosures is equal on all sides.
The square shower enclosures create a symmetrical look in your bathroom, are easy to install, and give an illusion of more space. They are also versatile as they can be paired with several door types and fittings to customize Baytown shower glass installation.
Rectangle Shower Enclosures
If you have a larger bathroom, then a rectangle shower enclosure may be a great option for you. These are similar to square shower enclosures but are longer on two sides. The extra length gives you more space to move around and can accommodate more than one person at a time. Like square shower enclosures, rectangle shower enclosures are easy to install, give an illusion of more space, and are versatile.
Half-Circle Shower Enclosures
These shower enclosures fit into the corner of your bathroom and are great for small to medium-sized bathrooms. They have one straight side and one curved side.
Many consider half-circle shower enclosures to be more modern and stylish.. They create a focal point in your bathroom and can be paired with several different door types. However, they can be more costly to install compared to the other shower enclosures on this list.
Semi-oval Shower Enclosures
The semi-oval shower enclosures, also known as quadrant enclosures, are similar to half-circle shower enclosures but with two straight sides. These are a great option if you have a small bathroom as they fit nicely into the corner and leave more space in the middle of your bathroom.
Like half-circle shower enclosures, semi-oval shower enclosures are considered to be more modern and stylish. They, too, can be paired with different door types but may be more costly to install.
Custom Baytown Shower Glass Installation from Joey’s Glass
While there are several do-it-yourself kits available on the market, we recommend that you hire our professionals for your Baytown shower glass installation. This is because improper installation can lead to leaks, which can cause water damage to your bathroom.
We will accurately measure your shower space, order the glass, and install it correctly so that you don’t have to worry about any leaks. Some of the benefits of a custom shower installation include;
- Perfect fit
- More luxurious look
- Increased home value
- A wide variety of design options
If you’re in the Baytown area and looking for a professional Baytown shower glass installation company, Joey’s Glass has you covered! We are a full-service Baytown glass company offering top-quality solutions for residential, auto, and commercial glass needs. Our team offers custom shower glass design and installation to help customers get a gorgeous bathroom that meets their needs. Why choose us?
- Experience – We have nearly 50 years of experience in the glass industry and have installed thousands of shower doors and enclosures.
- Free quotes – We offer free quotes so that you know exactly how much your Baytown shower glass installation will cost before we start the job.
- Wide selection – We have a wide selection of glass types, styles, and colors for you to choose from.
- Custom designs – If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can create a custom design for your shower glass.
- Professional Baytown Glass Shower installation – We have a team of professional installers who will accurately measure your space and install your glass correctly so that you don’t have to worry about any leaks.